Little help, folks?
12th trip to Paris. These days the trip is bi-annual, traveling with hubby and 11yo son. I use a wheelchair so we are limited to walking, taxis, or buses-and-a-lot-of-patience. I can leave the chair and am reasonably portable so the usual tight quarters are no problem; flights of stairs are a problem. Survival-level French, and the wheelchair seems to make people more patient as I butcher the language; we are not afraid of French menus. We enjoy a mix of modern and traditional French, casual and less so. We have learned that not every meal need be the lights-out-best - but I also do hate to "waste" a meal on poor/mediocre food when that can be avoided.
Range is really an issue for us; we rely so much on taxis that we can make a few far-flung trips from our hotel in the 6th, but too many are $$ and hassle-filled. Combining food with other options help - will probably spend some time at the Canal St. Martin as we haven't had a chance to check it out yet. We are arriving on a Sunday, which makes dinner a challenge between the few places that are open and our own jet lag.
I've been working from my own interests/experience, and reading the boards to try to catch up with all the changes between trips… here's a list of possibilities by location. I would welcome your thoughts, particularly on:
* where to eat on Sunday when we're cranky and tired - would L'Ecume des Bulles work for a full meal?
* if ANY of these places (or others?) are either so roomy (or outdoor and step-free) that I might consider visting in the electric chair I'm renting for the first time - would be shocked to get a recommendation here, but you never know…
* what places really need reservations - we're late in planning this time and are hoping to be a bit more casual schedule-wise in any case.
* has anyone been to KGB? Might be a better fit for us this trip than Ze Kitchen Gallerie
* whether any of these are now "consensus-awful" :)
Thanks for your patience reading this far! The list (*s are places we've enjoyed in not-too-distant past):
1st: Chez Denise - La Tour de Montlhéry, Yam'Tcha
2nd: Chez Georges*
3rd: Cafe des Musees
5th: Le Bistro des Gastronomes, Itineraires, Petit Pontoise, La Rôtisserie La Terrasse du Laurier, Terroir Parisien
6th: La Bastide Odeon*, Le Bon Saint Pourçain, La Cuisine de Philippe, L'Ecume des Bulles, Joséphine "Chez Dumonet", Kitchen Galerie Bis (KGB)
7th: Cinq Mars, Les Cocottes, Cafe Constant*
10th: Youpi et Voilà
11th: Le 6 Paul Bert
17th: Petit Champerret, L'Entredgeu
JT, Ptipois, mangeur, et al, what say you?
Many thanks -Karen
Updated 9 months ago | 6
Updated 12 months ago | 2
Updated 8 days ago | 4
Updated 1 year ago | 0
Updated 1 year ago | 10