I miss Toronto food. Lived there most of my life and now reside in New Jersey where I have made some observations.
1. Its really too bad people from New Jersey have never tasted real Chinese food. I dream about egg rolls from Elizabeth chinese food and House of Chan, I really miss Cantonese food!
2. If Swiss Chalet opened in New Jersey they would be zillionaires, I miss that gravy and the crunchy fries!
3. POPSICLES....No chocolate posicles in America, well I kind of understand that one, after all chocolate is not a popular flavor is it? DOH!
Also no banana, grape and root beer..mostly just cherry. I think I would pay 10.00 for a chocolate popsicle on a summers day here!
4. Miss Canadian Chocolate bars, sweet Marie, Crunchie, Jersey Milk, there are only so many Hersheys bars that one can eat, and it seems Hersheys makes every chocolate bar made in America!
5. Hot dogs on the street...WOW they have them here but not even close to Toronto.
6. Fries and Gravy, no such thing in New Jersey, poutine should be a popular American food, after all it is fattening!
7. Butter Tarts...same thing
8. Strubs Herring, Chicago 58 Salami, Gryfes Bagels, Kraft Peanut butter, Crumpets, You guys have no idea what its really like down here, there is only so much "great Pizza" one can eat.
Here is what I remember, I am sure most of these places are closed now.
1. Switzers deli on Spadina..that place was out of control good
2. George Bigliardis , best Caesar salad and Steak I have ever eaten
3. Ginsberg and Wong best milkshake I ever had in my life
4. Fat Phils Burgers..best burger I ever had
5. Any Toasted Danish in a local restaurant. and Margarets Donuts filled with cream, even blew krispy creme away!
6. Thai Magic on Yonge street..amazing
7. Bombay Palace on Jarvis..no Bombay palace tasted like this one, trust me
8.Mickeys Ribs and Wings on Davenport, they were delivered by a guy in a tux!
9. Duckworths Fish and Chips..still the best
10 Bamboo restaurant on Queen street, amazing, and Lichee Garden on Bay, ah thoese were the days!
If anyone ever gets to New Jersey remember to not spend any money on anything but salt water taffy, mozzarella cheese and Italian food, because thats all I have found here. Thanks for reading this, it was fun writing it!
Updated 6 months ago | 34
Updated 1 year ago | 7
Updated 1 year ago | 11
Updated 6 months ago | 2
Updated 1 year ago | 7