Second post from me on this board, but here is my "background info" again just in case...
In about two weeks, my boyfriend and I (Swedish, 30 yo) are going to New York for 10 days. We will be staying in Harlem near Marcus Garvey Park but plan to go everywhere in Manhattan(posted these questions on the Manhattan board too) and some to the outer boroughs as well. A big feature of our trip will, of course, be FOOD. I have a lot of questions, so have broken them down into two posts. !
I am a "pescatarian"(no meat other than fish or seafood), but my boyfriend eats everything. We don´t like overly touristy places, but as long as the food is fabulous they´re OK.
In any of the outer boroughs, what would you recommend for...
1. Italian? How is Borgatti´s, other places around Arthur Ave in Brooklyn?
2. Dim Sum (with carts)? In Flushing or elsewhere?
3. Other Chinese (Szechuan, Shanghai preferred)?
4. African (east or west)?
6. Sushi/Other Japanese?
7. Other "ethnic" food not to be missed?
8. Vegetarian or Vegan (something a bit out of the ordinary)?
9. And finally... not exactly food but... great cocktail bars?
Updated 15 days ago | 4
Updated 5 months ago | 12
Updated 5 months ago | 4
Updated 4 months ago | 15
Updated 1 day ago | 18