Sorry if this is the improper board for this topic, but it seemed the most specific.
I don't live in New York, but go there often enough. Which one of the following books do you recommend for the best hound-style recommendations that are relatively current. Any other suggestions would be great also. I'd like one that covers all boroughs [maybe not necessarily Staten Island].
* The Eclectic Gourmet Guide to Greater New York City: The Undiscovered World of Hyperdelicious Offbeat Eating in All Five Burroughs [Jim Leff]
- Yeah, I know it's Jim Leff, but it's also from 1998. How much of it is still relevant?
* New York Neighborhoods, 3rd : A Food Lover's Walking, Eating, and Shopping Guide to Ethnic Enclaves throughout New York City (Neighborhood Series) [Eleanor Berman]
- More current from earlier this year
* The Food Lover's Guide to the Best Ethnic Eating in New York City [Robert Sietsema]
- 2004 as well
Updated 11 months ago | 3
Updated 1 year ago | 27
Updated 5 days ago | 137
Updated 4 days ago | 47
Updated 10 days ago | 32