I've posted about this before, so forgive the repetition. Circumstances in my life call for the need to host kosher meals, shabbos included, more frequently than before. I've only hosted Sunday morning bagel-fests, to which my father insisted to bring food from der alter hoim--brooklyn--because they have his favorite 'russian black bagels' that he was sure could not be purchased elsewhere, certainly not on the North Shore of Long Island.
That being said, I need some help in finding a good butcher and/or take out place, in or near Sea Cliff where I live, or Mineola, where I work.
First, a few questions:
1. On prior posts, hounds have alluded to Mazurs and Mazouns, both in Litle Neck. Are these one and the same, or two separate stores?
2. I found a butcher on WIllis Avenue in Roslyn/Albertson, I believe called Roslyn Kosher Meats, which had a nice meat selection, as well as a serious A&H selection. The other items looked quite shvach.
3. My prior posts regarding this subject were limited to the North Shore. Now that I work in Mineola, I am close to West Hempstead, which I am guessing dramatically increases my choices.
4. The particular items I'm looking for are:
a) Water Challah (good water challah)
b) Matjes Herring
c) Overnight/Shmata Kugel (Brooklyn places label it as 'Heimeshe Potato Kugel')
d) Yerushalmi Kugel
e) Fried and/or Chopped Liver
g) Chuluptjus (stuffed cabbage)
h) Good Kosher wine
i) Good nuts--fresh roasted filberts/almonds...a good Sephardi place
5. I am not afraid of going to 8 different stores to get the best of everything, that's what my father did.
I know this was long, so thanks.
Updated 2 years ago | 0
Updated 3 months ago | 0
Updated 1 year ago | 15
Updated 1 year ago | 5
Updated 2 years ago | 27