Hello fellow gastronauts, though none of you know me I will be visiting New Orleans for the first time later this year and as you may be able to tell by my handle I've been a far away fan for longer than I care to admit.
Katrina seemed to have ended a dream for me that was decades in the making and yet now I find myself months away from disembarking from a plane and taking a cab into the FQ and getting down to some no holds barred Food and Drink!!!
Despite what I've read here, in various travel guides and seen on TV I AM NOT gonna be one of those drunken wanna-be's vomiting my guts up on Bourbon St., that obnoxious tourist who has too many and thinks he rules the Quarter. For one my Hotel will be closer to the Marginey and for two the GF's vowed to keep me some-what unpickled (Good luck baby!)
I have studied your wisdom, your local knowledge and tried my best to avoid micromanaging my holiday into a series of perfect moments. Ain't gonna happen know matter how much you plan and tweek and the more you do the worse it can all go wrong in the end. SOOOOO for better or for worse here goes with what I've distilled from y'all:
We WILL eat at:
1) ACME Oyster House, I like 'em raw...she'll have something else.
2) Alex Patout's, something combo-ish I think
3) Cafe Fleur-de-lis, might be a breakfast locale
4) Chartres House, again with the combo
5) Clover Grill, for a burger
6) Deanies's Seafood, I'm a sucker for soft shell crab
7) El Gato Negro, Looks like real, decent Mexican
8) Jager Haus, Arteries....hardening :) & Jagermeister Ice Cream :P
9) Jonny's Po-Boys, EVERY DAY FOR LUNCH!
10)Le Crepe Nanour, For a treat :) Did I mention combo platters?
11) Napolean House, I LIKE PIMMS!
12) Old Coffee Pot Restaurant, another breakfast option
13) Yo Mama's, Tequila burgers and attitude...what's not to like.
14) Remoulade, Just cause
15) Yuki Izakaya, Drink Sake, shochu and nibble on fried, grilled and sauteed seafood...OH you gotta!!!!
16)Cafe du Monde, how can you go to NOLA and not be covered in powdered sugar?
Did I mention we're only there for 8 days and we're probably gonna roadtrip to Avery Island and Abita Springs?
Look forward to seeing you out there NOLA! Feel free to approve/flame my choices..it's what we do non?
Updated 1 month ago | 1
Updated 2 months ago | 8
Updated 2 months ago | 2
Updated 20 days ago | 0
Updated 7 days ago | 20