We are two California couples in our 50's looking for a taste of Montreal on the night before our cruise to Boston. We plan to pick a restaurant first, THEN find a hotel nearby rather than the other way around. We have broad experience with fine cuisine and wine. Here are our guidelines:
1. Non-smoking establishment
2. We want to bring our own wine; (quick query: are Montreal restaurants "either/or" in this regard? i.e., is a place either all BYOB with no wine list, or all "buy on premises" with no BYOB, or do some BYOB places also have a wine list?)
3. Cuisine: French preparations with Quebec influences, or Quebec cuisine with French influences (you get the idea)
4. Ambience: more informal than formal, more small than large, but large and formal would not be a deal breaker.
5. Price - doesn't matter
6. Location - ideally within a 10 minute taxi ride from wherever the cruise ships depart.
We'd greatly appreciate suggestions from locals or others in the know, and if anyone is coming to San Diego anytime soon, I'd be happy to reciprocate.
Updated 1 year ago | 2
Updated 2 years ago | 2
Updated 5 months ago | 0
Updated 2 years ago | 24
Updated 2 days ago | 39