National Almond Day has come upon us, and there are quite a few Chicago shops that serve a good almond croissant, amaretti (almond macaroons), almond cookie, almond milk and the like!
• Did you know that the almond we know as a “nut” is actually a fruit? Botanically speaking, that is!
• Almonds have been around since the early ages 3000 BC to 2000 BC.
• The name “almond” comes from the Old French word “almande” or “alemande.”
• Almonds are a rich source of Vitamin E
• Almonds help lower LDL cholesterol
Below are Chicago shops that sell almond-laden desserts:
Teuscher Chocolate of Switzerland
900 N Michigan Ave, 5th Fl
Chicago, IL 60611
Try Teuscher’s chocolate and almond marzipan
Pop sweet Jordan almonds into your mouth one by one
Nuts on Clark
Union Train Station
Take home a bag of fresh chocolate-covered almonds
Milk & Honey Café
1920 W Division St
Chicago, IL 60622
Try their almond croissants!
Updated 3 months ago | 8
Updated 5 days ago | 0
Updated 4 hours ago | 15
Updated 5 months ago | 0
Updated 3 days ago | 14