i've been wading back into the italian 'hound community and after reviewing the existing literature, this is what i have so far. please let me know your thoughts and/or specific recommendations to order. budget is not so much a concern so much as a balance between gluttony and mild overeating. i only want food specific to each location (e.g., no need to eat piedmontese food in rome) but modern interpretations are fine. my wife and i are our in ealry 30s and she's pregnant so unfortunately, only i can consume vino, crudo, and salumi. i've made reservations at a few places already.
4/23 - Naples- arrive from Rome
- Lunch: Da Michelle
- Dinner (post-opera @ 9 PM) : Da Dora or Hosteria Toldeo?
- Lunch: maybe di Matteo or Sobillo for more pizza?
- Dinner: Napoli Mia or George's in the Grand Hotel Parker?
4/25 - Amalfi
- Lunch: Open
- Dinner: La Caravella (r)
4/26 - Ravello
- Lunch: Cumpa Cosimo
- Dinner: Rossellini (r)
4/27 - Positano/Sorrento
- Lunch: Open
- Dinner: Il Buco (trying to r)
4/28 - Capri / Sorrento
- Lunch - Open - a lighter meal with nice views
- Dinner - Open - Don Alfonso / Caruso / Taverna del Capitano
4/29 - Sorrento / Pompeii / Open
- Lunch: L'antica Trattoria
- Dinner: La Torre del Saracino (r)
Rome: this is my second time. last time i ate at dal checchino, matricianella, armando, remo, and la rosetta. this time, i really want to eat roman jewish food esp. fried baccala. this time. we'll be staying around via veneto again but are willing to travel all over.
4/30 - Rome
- Lunch: ?
- Dinner: Armando/ Al Ceppo / Paris - party of six
- Lunch: Open / Volpetti or something around Campo de Fiore?
- Dinner: La Pergoal (r)
- Lunch / Dinner: Open
- Options: Armando/ Al Ceppo / Paris / Antico Arco / Monti / L'altro Mastai
Updated 8 months ago | 10
Updated 5 months ago | 5
Updated 12 months ago | 1
Updated 1 year ago | 14
Updated 1 year ago | 10