Ok, my wife and I will be visiting Napa and Healdsburg (the subject of a future post) in April. After doing lots of reading on this and other boards, we've finalized our dinner plans for the week, and are in the process of figuring out wineries to visit and other meals.
We'll be staying at the Bardessono in Yountville, arriving Sunday evening and departing Wednesday afternoon. Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
In terms of wines, we're fans of great Cabernets, Zins and Chardonnays (don't quite have this covered yet - suggestions welcome). We're also big Pinot Noir drinkers, but figure we can cover that off in the RRV area around Healdsburg. While we're primarily interested in great wine, we'd like to mix in some cool, unique settings as well.
- maybe a quick visit to Jessup if we arrive on time, since it's so near the hotel
- arrive in Yountville, dinner booked at ad hoc.
- dinner reserved at The French Laundry at 8:30 (very excited!)
- suggestions for lunch?
- would like to visit a few wineries in the Yountville/Napa area. Considering: Hess (in part for the art collection), Del Dotto (the caves), Shafer (one of our favourite winemakers) and/or Elyse
- dinner reserved at Bottega
- would lunch at Mustard's Grill make sense (the pork chop sounds amazing!)
- would like to visit a few wineries in Rutherford/St Helena. Considering some subset of: Far Niente, Peju, Frog's Leap, Phelps (a must for us), Flora Springs, Anderson's Conn Valley, Viader and Duckhorn.
- plan would be to have breakfast near the hotel, probably at Bouchon Bakery, and then stop at a few wineries on the way up to Healdsburg, where we have dinner booked at Barndiva
- could use some input here, though Vincent Arroyo sounds interesting
- dinner booked at Cyrus
- haven't really researched this area as much yet, but would like to taste some great Pinot Noirs and have heard great things about Merry Edwards, Paul Hobbs, and Joseph Swan.
Please feel free to comment, fill in any gaps and suggest anything I may have missed. This is our first trip to Napa, and this board has been an invaluable resource!
The French Laundry
6640 Washington Street, Yountville, CA 94599
6528 Washington St, Yountville, CA 94599
231 Center St, Healdsburg, CA 95448
1350 Acacia Drive, Oakville, CA
6525 Washington Street Suite A9, Yountville, CA 94599
6526 Yount Street, Yountville, CA 94599
7399 Saint Helena Hwy, Napa, CA 94558
Updated 2 years ago | 2
Updated 1 year ago | 8
Updated 12 months ago | 14
Updated 1 year ago | 24
Updated 1 year ago | 30