My wife an I are making our first ever visit to Napa over Labor Day weekend, and after meticulously studying the board here, I've put together the following itinerary. We're coming from Austin and staying in Napa and are aiming to keep this food- rather than wine-centric. I'd welcome any feedback, but my specific questions are:
* I had originally had Redd for Friday night, but from what I've read here, it sounds like Cyrus is worth the extra drive. Good decision? I still haven't canceled Redd, so I could switch back.
* We're on the waiting list at TFL. In the unlikely event that they call us on Friday morning, would you go there instead of Cyrus?
* Anything I've blatantly missed? It sounds like the favorites we're not going to are Bouchon, Bistro Jeanty, and Redd. But there are only so many meals in 3 days!
* Though they have historically had good reviews, Round Pond received some negative posts in June. Anybody have a recent experience with their tour?
* It might be fun to visit a cheesemaker or something like that in addition to or instead of Round Pond. I saw another post that linked to an extensive list of farms that take visitors. Any particular suggestions?
Get food from Oxbow, tasting and picnic at Pride Mountain.
Tour & tasting at Schramsberg
Early dinner at Cyrus
Tasting at Whitehall Lane
Lunch at Martini House
Maybe a few oysters at the Bouchon raw bar in the afternoon or on Sunday afternoon
Late dinner at Terra
Lunch at Ubuntu
Olive oil tour & tasting at Round Pond
Dinner at Ad Hoc
Updated 2 months ago | 13
Updated 1 year ago | 10
Updated 1 year ago | 11
Updated 3 hours ago | 89
Updated 15 hours ago | 33