Seeking the help of the HK food experts - will be heading down to HK some time next month & hoping to find 'blow-your-socks-off' dim sum that's better than anything we can find in Singapore (where we stay). So far, our experiences with dim sum in HK have been mixed, and overall it seems pricier than Sgp for similar quality?
I read the last thread on 'best dim sum in HK' (http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/318331) but am hoping specifically to find (1) modern dim sum that is unique to HK or (2) available in Sgp but much better in HK. I'm sure it's out there, we just haven't been able to find it yet!
Just to make things even more challenging ;) we don't eat shrimp or lobster (which eliminates one whole section of the dim sum menu!).
Specific dim sum that we like include
- abalone yam puff at Man Wah
- char siu pao at Cherry Garden (sg
)- lau sar pao at Taste Paradise (sg) & East Ocean (sg)
- mango chicken pie at Hua Ting (sg)
- abalone chicke pie at Wah Lok (sg)
- char siu sou at Imperial Treasures (sg)
- xiao long bao at Crystal Jade (sg)
- XO carrot cake at Taste Paradise (sg)
- egg tarts at Crystal Jade Palace
Looking at openrice, Above & Beyond, Lung King Heen & Yan Toh Heen seem interesting but reviews are mixed. Are these good choices?