I predict in the next couple of years based on the meal we had this week that Melisse that it will get it's 3rd Star in the near future. Every course was perfect and service was precision. Joshia visited several times during the 4+ hr meal and double checked to make sure all courses were enjoyed. He is very serious about his food and is going to make the upgrades to get Michelin's attention.
Carte Blanche MENU:
1. Oyster Shooter- Horseradish Granite, Tabasco Pearls, Japanese Tomato Consomme'
2. Fennel Flan- Orange Gelee, Cashew
3. Artichoke Veloute- Confit Tomato, Parmesan Croquette, Fresh Black Shaved Truffle
4. Egg Caviar- Lemon Cream Fraiche, Osetra Caviar
5. Japanese Kampachi- Eringi Mushrooms, Red Miso, Winter Citrus Segments
6. Trio of Melisse Foie Gras- Date Confiture, Heirloom Carrots, Blood Orange , Apple Marmalade
7. Duo of Maine Lobster- Bolognaise & Thermador
8. Crispy Eastern Bass- Coco Beans, Crab Aioli, Crab Broth
9. Roasted Guinea Hen & Confit Leg- Root Vegetables , Potato Mousseline, Natural Jus,
10. Olive Crusted Lamb Loin- Braised Lamb Shank, Glazed Carrots, Spiced CousCous
11. Fromage- Best Cheese selection in LA , ea person selects 4 types.
12. Vanilla Yogurt- Strawberry Sorbet
13. Frozen Passion Fruit Parfait- Pistachio, Coconut, Lemongrass Broth
14. Chocolate, Chocolate, Coffee- Choc Souffle, Choc Peanut Butter Crunch, Coffee & Mascarpone.
Overall an amazing deal for $175- ea, food only. The Finest French Food in LA.
Updated 4 days ago | 31
Updated 3 days ago | 4
Updated 1 month ago | 0
Updated 27 days ago | 7
Updated 25 days ago | 7