Hi, wife and I will be visiting Melbourne for 5 days at the end of May. We're from New York City (Brooklyn) and will be staying near Southern Cross Station. I've done some research but would appreciate any input regarding this preliminary itinerary.
- Vue de Monde
- The Town Mouse
- Saint Crispin/Estelle
- Rumi (Sunday)
- Dainty Sichuan
- Laksa King
- Cumulus Inc
- Hellenic Republic or D.O.C. Pizza and Mozarella
- Hardware Society
- The Grain Store
- Chez Dre
- Auction Rooms or Twenty and Six Espresso
- Top Paddock or Three Bags Full
Clearly we enjoy fine dining and will be doing degustations at Attica, VdM and Brae. However, we like a variety of cuisines and more casual meals (Town Mouse, St Crispin, Rumi).
A few specific questions:
- Does Dainty Sichuan have two locations and if so which is better?
- NYC has some good pizza, do you think DOC's pies are worthy of a meal?
- Masterchef aside, is the food at Hellenic Republic good? NYC doesn't have much notable Greek and so I was curious.
- We are both young adults with no children, using public transportation do you think we should stick to the CBD or venture to N. Mel/S. Mel/Richmond?
- Is the dessert tasting at Cafe Rosamond not to be missed?
- We like cocktails, I've heard good things about the Black Pearl, the Everleigh and the Mel location of Eau de Vie, any preferences?
Thanks in advance for all of the help, looking forward to our visit.