We had very disappointing lunch at Masa 14 on Saturday.
- The bloody mary was too sour with lime juice, red onions and cilantro. Tasted more like gazpacho.
- The Flatbread had a soggy crust, soggy/wet mushrooms, and an enormous handful of sliced raw red chilis (which were the only taste).
- The Seaweed Salad tasted old and muddy. If this was your first experience with seaweed, you would never eat it again. Yuck.
- The Wagyu Beef Sliders ($7) ordered medium rare came out well-done and dry. The buns were good though.
- The Tuna Sliders were just awful. I was told they were seared rare. What came out were very, very thin slices of cheap tuna that had been coated with spices and salt and tossed into a hot, dry skillet. There is no way slices that thin could ever be cooked rare. The raw spices left a harsh, nasty taste in your mouth. Not to mention the over salting. Literally, we could not eat these.
- The Veggie Benedict was a swampy mess of overcooked vegetables and cheese that just made a soggy mess of the bread. Actually the taste wasn't that bad. You just couldn't look at it while you ate it.
Again, I hope the dinner menu is better. And I'm sure that we didn't have the head chef on Saturday morning. The place is pleasantly decorated. And it was the cheapest lunch I've ever had in DC. Service was fine too. And finally, the coffee was freshly brewed. Still, not enough to get me back.
Updated 1 year ago | 3
Updated 2 months ago | 90
Updated 2 years ago | 5
Updated 11 months ago | 9
Updated 3 months ago | 21