I've been living in Markham for about a year now, and I've prowled the internets and the old thread on chow about the best places to eat in Markham (which seems to be dated around 2007). Basically, I'm trying to find the best food in Markham/Richmond Hill (the overly prevalent Chinese, and not) that covers everything (cheap, and expensive).
I could list everywhere I've gone, but it would be long. Suffice to say, I've tried all the majors that I could find mentioned a lot: Akina, Kaze, Wasabi (mistake), Tsuikiji sushi, Madras, The Host , Royal Teahouse, Ding Tai Fung, The Sugar, Pho Viet, etc.
While some places have their moments, I'm still having trouble. I'd say I'm not really overly impressed with the findings in this area. There are some restaurants I like downtown (Daybreak, Mengral Thai, Diner's Thai, Kaiseki Sakura, Hiro Sushi, etc), but it's too far for me to constantly go from where I am in Markham now.
I need your help, all of you. Because I trust you chow users. I want to find places that are *consistently* good, that put effort into their food, and basically don't suck 90% of the time. I know some of you know where they are in the area. Please, share, so I don't die. If you have a suggestion that is outside the region ever so slightly (i.e. borderline north york/scarborough), then by all means please still suggest it. But don't suggest things clearly in downtown, or far away, as it will just make me sad.
I'm looking for:
- The best dim sum (all day seems non existent, so I'll settle for weekend) restaurant(s)
- The best sushi (AYCE and not) restaurant(s).. as a side note, Aoyama south on victoria park is amazing, but it's expensive, and not overly close.
- The best Chinese (non-dim sum) restaurant(s)
- The best general (like, "north american", if you want to group it) restaurant(s)
- The best Thai restaurant(s)
- The best Indian (AYCE and not) restaurant(s)
- The best Vietnamese restaurant(s)
- The best Korean restaurant(s)
Yes, I eat out a lot.
2766 Victoria Park Ave, Toronto, ON M2J4A8, CA
10 Apple Creek Blvd, Markham, ON L3R 5Z1, CA