My husband and I just moved to Mill Valley. We'd love some suggestions on how to replace our regular favorites in Oakland and Berkeley. (We do realize that some days we'll have to bite the bullet and pay the bridge toll!) We generally eat for about $25-40 for two for dinner (generally no alcohol, usually no dessert, and veggie entrees tend to be cheaper) but we're also looking for places where we'd spend more for when we feel like something a little nicer. We mostly eat vegetarian (I'm very strict, he's not) and our favorite kinds of restaurants are:
1. Indian (What is the best Indian in San Rafael? Are there any places to avoid?)
2. Various Asian cuisines, Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese, (especially hole in the wall...we love Shan Dong in Oakland), Nepali, and Japanese too. Any place for amazing avocado rolls in Marin? We usually do Cha-Ya in Berkeley.
3. Pizza/Italian (We like Lanesplitter and Trattoria la Siciliana in Berkelely, and of course Arizmendi Pizza)
4. Breakfast (We love Aunt Mary's Cafe in Oakland, Ann and Rick's and La Note in Berkeley)
5. Mexican (of all kinds, authentic to totally mex-american/tex-mex)
6. Anything else you think is worth trying (with plenty of veggie options).
We've tried Pearl's Phat Burger (loved it) and Small Shed flatbreads (yummy, a little pricey...but welcome to life in Marin!).
We'd appreciate any suggestions within about a half hour of Mill Valley. It's hard to know where to start when you are in uncharted territory!
Thanks so much,
Ms. Veg (and her husband)
Pearl's Phat Burgers
8 E Blithedale Ave, Mill Valley, CA 94941
5251 Stevens Creek Blvd, Santa Clara, CA 95051
3265 Lakeshore Ave, Oakland, CA
Aunt Mary's Cafe
4307 Telegraph Ave, Oakland, CA 94609