thanks Farmersdaughter for the recipe you posted the other day!!
I made it last night and had some questions that I was hoping you or some of the others could answer:
1) Is it better to use a nonstick or other type of pan?
2) Should the leeks not brown at all in the initial softening stage? If they start to - is there anything you can do to save them - add more water, lower temp., cover pan, etc.?
3) how many times do you have to add water - just once? is it ok to add more often?
4) the garlic is pale blond when I peel it raw so I couldn't tell when it changed color than when it began to brown - is there another test - when you smell the garlic in the butter and oil or something else?
5) I halved the recipe - which could be the source of my problems - is this the type of recipe you can't halve all the ingredients? if so, what changes should i have made?
THANKS in advance!!!