I constantly hear from out-of-town visitors that Manhattan is an expensive place to eat. My reply is always "if you know where to go, nyc is packed with great food bargains".
What are your top $3 and under best bites? Here are some sample criteria for inclusion:
- made by restaurant/truck/etc.
- atomic (not part of a larger meal)
let me get it started:
- vanessa dumpling house, peking duck sesame bread, $3
- prosperity dumpling, $1
- street vendor, hot tea cakes (those little, hot, waffle-like cakes) $1
- mei li wah - pork bun, 80 cents
- ess-a-bagel - bagel and cream cheese, $2.95
- joe's pizza, plain slice $2.75
- Ceci-Cela , plain croissant, $2
- shake shack, hand cut fries, $2.85
- honorable mention:
xian famous food, pork or lamb burger, $3.50