I was given a mandoline as a gift recently and after a couple of so-so results, I'm thinking about returning it.
My friend bought it at Williams-Sonoma, so I know it's not cheap, but I still am not satisfied...
1. It has a tendency to slip on the counter, which could be dangerous.
2. Besides french fries and the occasional salad, I'm not sure how much use I'll be able to get out of it.
3. I'm still a relative novice in the kitchen and would like my knife technique to improve.
4. At $100-$150, I've seen simliar prducts (v-slicer?) for far less.
5. I find that I'm wasting food- the last bits of veggies are left uncut and I have to manually cut them anyway.
Any advice? Will its worth or my technique improve over time?