OK, I'm looking for gems in the midst of the overpopulation of crappy corporate/chain blah.
Here are some comments on places I've visited...
1. Dimbas--fried chicken and fish place, with THE BEST fish and chips I've had in the US. Light, crisp, and the fish is extremely fresh (my favorite is the southern fried whitefish--can't beat that cornmeal batter).... also have a great coleslaw.....
2. Thai Thai--good and cheap
3. The central market type grocery (OK, I realize its a chain) on 50th + Indiana-- best grocery produce and bread in town (I haven't checked out the farmers market yet-- any info on that? I only just found out there was one).
4. Stellas--overrated and overpriced by far. I would love to find some decent italian here, but so far, mediocrity rules.........
5. I had a falafel from the Mediteranean cafe on 50th that seemed promising, but haven't had a chance to check it (or the adjoining grocery) out further.
Updated 4 days ago | 31
Updated 4 days ago | 43
Updated 17 days ago | 34
Updated 1 day ago | 15
Updated 7 days ago | 48