Husband is taking me to Paris for my 50th birthday. We haven't been to Paris for 10 yrs (we lived in Brussels, Belgium in late '90s and visited Paris a number of times). I have already booked Spring for my bday dinner, but am trying to book some other places for dinner too. We are staying in the 7th arr.
I have found posts re some of the places I am considering, but here are some others I am thinking about:
1. L'Ombres at Musee du Quai Branly - is it worth the food worth the price for the view of the Tour (sounds cool) or would Restaurant de la Tour be a better choice and just forget the view while dining?
2. Paul Chene - sounds delicious.
3. Le Petit Troquet - too touristy?
4. Is Thoumieux still worth going to? We were there years ago and I remember loving the cassoulet and profiteroles.
5. Does anyone know if Trattoria dell'angelo in the 7th is the same little Italian place from 10 years ago? Hotel du Cadran recommended an Italian place years ago (when we still had kids with us) and really liked it. Husband may need a night off from French food....
I am also considering L'ami Jean and Leo le Lion as they are close to Hotel du Cadran and possibly Le Florimond or Les Fables de la Fontaine.
We love wine and to eat delicious food; no food issues to deal with. I have been lurking for a while and have decided to the best way is to ask the real food experts, the real chowhounds. Thanks in advance for sharing your ideas.