Geales' been around for quite a while, changed hands/chefs thru the years, but always retained its approach: good quality seafood, simple no-fuss cookery. Dinner last night:
- Taramasalata dip with thick wedges of brown bread
- Dressed Cornish crab - this was absolutely ambrosial. I'd not had a dressed crab dish I enjoyed this much since one I had at Bibendum, and that was nearly 2 decades back!
- Grilled entrees of sole and skate: super-fresh, both dishes relied on very fresh, good quality fish, accented merely by melted butter, a squeeze of lemon, some capers here & there. Which goes to show - if you have superior quality produce, you *don't* need complicated sauces to cover them up with.
- Geales Classic PieTanic: a bit on the heavy side here.
- Steamed Green Veg (long beans, broccoli, peas), Minted peas
Enjoyed this meal tremendously, in fact infinitely much more than the fussy Michelin-starred fiasco at Benares the previous evening (http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/902397), but that's another story.
2 Farmer Street
London W8 7SN
Tel: +44 20 7727 7528
Updated 2 months ago | 8
Updated 2 years ago | 17
Updated 1 year ago | 8
Updated 4 days ago | 85
Updated 1 day ago | 28