Kompassion is a relatively new Thai-fusion restaurant in Damansara Kim. Decor: industrial-chic, service: friendly and very efficient, the food: marvellously fresh, well-prepared from high quality ingredients.
What we had this evening:
- Pork satays: it's hard to sell Thai-style satays to Malaysians, where the locals are more used to oilier, fattier meats with sweeter marinades. But Kompassion's version was authentically Thai and competently prepared.
- Kompassion chicken wings: crisp, very flavorsome and absolutely addictive.
- Green curry with crispy pork, aubergines, long beans and pea eggplants. Love the crispy pork in the curry, perhaps the only place in KL to have this. The curry's been toned down to suit Chinese-Malaysian tastes (no Malay clientele here as the menu's non-halal and off-limits to Muslims).
- Double-cooked pork belly and softshell crab with cucumber salad: very tasty and absolutely worth the visit here for this dish alone. The pork belly had crisp, crackling skin and tasted fabulous!
- Tom yum soup with fish fillets: absolutely loved the thick slices of fresh mushrooms which complemented the fresh fish fillets. Ultra-spicy here - do ask for the chilli content to be toned down.
- The vegetable dish of the day was stir-fried kai lan with garlic and chillies. Fish sauce was toned down here as well.
- Brown, unpolished rice served here in place of white rice: I *loved* this.
Great spot for a fab Thai meal - wished they'd put more herbs and seasonings into their cooking to more closely approximate authentic Thai cooking though, but very nice renditions all the same.
Kompassion Thai Fusion Restaurant
5, Jalan SS20/11
47400 Petaling Jaya
Tel: +603 7731 9256
Updated 1 year ago | 2
Updated 1 year ago | 10
Updated 2 years ago | 2
Updated 1 year ago | 5
Updated 2 years ago | 0