I suspect the end of Koi palace is nigh considering the absolute lack of service I suffered there recently. My table ordered the family duck banquet which was quite good value for money, if not a little uneven in quality. This ,however, is not the subject of my complaint. To say that the service was appaulling would be an understatement...my table jointly refused to leave a tip it was so bad! To recap:
1. Despite reserving a table a day in advance there was none waiting when we arrived.
2. We had to wait 20 minutes to be seated and then it was at a table in a drafty location which we had specifically advised that we did not want.
3. We were then made to wait a futher 20 minutes until yet another drafty table was offered.
4. When we pointed out the relentless misinterpretation of our requirements the waitresses sneered at us and retorted vigourously rather than diplomatically apologising.
5. The waiter didn't allow us time to order a special tea. He appeared with the house blend which he dumped unceremoniously upon the table before departing rapidly.
6. Our table was dirty and we had to ask the waiter to replace chopsticks and bowls which were covered in grease. He didn't bother to do this until we pointed out to him ,as the food was being served, that we had nothing to eat it with!
7. Drinks we requested didn't arrive.
8. There were insufficient serving spoons and dishes acommpanying the dishes..reminding me of the stress experienced eating at Student cafeterias in mainland China!
9.The waiter delivered the wrong desert and when we requested him to return it and bring the dish we had ordered he suggested that we should stick with the one we had as the kitchen had run out of the one we wanted, despite us having sighted the preferred dish being delivered to a nearby table a few minutes before.