I'm a Texas Chowhound headed to KC tonight for a couple of days of barbecue. My current itinerary is listed below. Here's the help I need from the experienced locals:
a) If there's someplace I haven't listed but should really try, let me know. Similarly, if I've listed a place that's not worth the bother, let me know.
b) If there are specialties or strengths at any of these places (e.g., burnt ends at LC's, cheesy corn at Fiorella's Jack Stack, etc.), let me know. (Also, if there are meats to be avoided, that would be useful, since I can't eat everything.)
Any tips along those lines would be appreciated. Here's the line-up:
(1) LC's. Everyone's high on the burnt ends. What else should I get here?
(2) Arthur Bryant's (Brooklyn location). I realize a lot of people feel they're not what they used to be. But they're such an institution that, even if that's the case, I think I ought to give them a shot. But what to order?
(3) Gate's (Brooklyn location). Same thoughts as with AB's, though I really haven't heard much good at all about Gate's lately (whereas at least some people seem to still enjoy AB's). What's my best bet for a decent meal here?
(4) Fiorella's Jack Stack (Martin City location). Lamb ribs, beans, and cheesy corn seem popular. What else is good?
(5) Oklahoma Joe's (47th & Mission location). These guys seem to be getting a lot of good word of mouth, despite sounding rather antiseptically suburban. What should I get here?
(6) Rosedale (KC, KS). I read that there's new ownership. Has that affected quality? What's good here?
Thanks for any help you can provide!
Updated 1 year ago | 11
Updated 1 year ago | 18
Updated 1 year ago | 4
Updated 1 year ago | 1
Updated 1 month ago | 0