I've been charged with getting a group together for brunch or lunch on Sunday, April 14. Ages 25-35, WeHo/Silverlake/DTLA crowd. I have been trying to figure this out, but it's proving harder than I thought.
Here is the task:
1. Somewhere b/n West Hollywood and Downtown LA. People are coming from both locations.
2. Easily walkable from the Red or Purple Metro lines. There are a couple LA newbies, and I don't want anyone to have to hoof it if they're taking public transit.
3. Can comfortably accommodate 12-14 people without splitting up tables or causing the waitstaff to hate me.
4. $-$$. Affordable is great -- around $20 per person (incl tip) would be fantastic.
5. Takes reservations. Otherwise I'll have to show up an hour early.
6. Diner or New American would be good. Next time, I'm sending the group to dim sum. I want to do something more accessible for the first time out.
7. Nothing too loud -- we're getting together to talk. Sorry Wurstküche.
8. Vegetarian options. Doesn't have to be half the menu, but I don't want the veg folks to starve. Sorry Phillipe's.
HOUNDS -- ONLY YOU CAN SAVE ME! I have faith in your wisdom. Fire away.