We decided against Everest on Grand and instead (to our happiness) went to India House at 758 Grand Avenue (a few doors down from Grand Old Creamery - how perfect is that?)
Arrival 6:00PM. Restaurant is much larger inside than it appears from outside. Warm hues in paint (deep orange, browns, reds) with nice mural-likes on the walls. Very open space. Calming laid back low sounding music with a buzz of probably 7 tables eating.
Extremely friendly, greeted right away and seated in booth. Water, beverage and appetizer service within 3 minutes of sitting down. VERY HAPPY considering the bad service I've been receiving at a variety of establishments over the past month and a half.
Yeah, it was Wed, but service was outstanding. I mean it. Checking with in us, refilling water glasses, no wait for the tab, boxes for our leftovers. Pleasant and genuine, not intrusive with all the stops.
1. veg samosas (large and plentifully stuffed, crisp with slight chew on inside)
2. chutney variety(mango, tamarind, cilantro jalapeno (last being my fav). Good color, great flavor
3. Garlic naan - 4 nice sized pieces, coated in garlic (could have used even more!)
4. the spicy pickles (not my favorite but good and spicy)
4. ice tea and a mid-quality pinot grigio (ecco domani)
5. Rogan josh (lamb) - served with (jasmine or basmati, I always mix them up)
6. Chicken tikka masala - same as above - quality heat (I went med+, I'll even go hot next time around), moist and tender all white meat chicken pieces, and the best part? The al dente peppers. I love when my veggies are still somewhat crisp and retain the vibrant green but cooked through.
$36.96 - Are you kidding me? Worth every penny. Next time you are in the area give this place a shot. I'd like to know how service and food is from others if they've been.