We brought back a bottle of amazing aged balsamic from Modena, and are having some friends over for a fancy dinner to make use of it, but need some help with the menu. So far we are thinking:
- Burrata and crostini with balsamic drizzle
- Porchetta/pork loin roast
- Balsamic glazed figs (not using the fancy stuff for cooking though)
- Maybe a pasta dish with the aged balsamic?
- Roasted vegetables (potatoes, parsnip, carrots?)
- Simple green salad
- Dessert TBD
Of course, we are most concerned with appetizer and dessert courses, since those are most likely where we will showcase the fancy balsamico.
Any thoughts on the above, or other ideas instead?