OK, so I've been looking at the budget, planning the holidays with my dear wife, and I've been to some damned fine wine tastings in the past month or so. I get paid once a month, being a public school teacher, and that day is FRIDAY! Although this paycheck has to last until Jan. 5 (we do Christmas AND Hanukkah AND New Years!), I've got my priorities straight, and will be heading to my trusty local wine store this weekend. Here's my list:
1. NV R.H. Coutier Grand Cru Brut Champagne
2. 2002 Marcel Moineaux Grand Cru Brut Champagne
3. 2005 Albert Mann Pinot Gris Grand Cru Hengst Alsace
4. 2005 Houth-Kerpen Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Spätlese Mosel (a gift for sister in law)
5. 2006 Phillipe Verzier Saint Joseph Rhone
6. 2007 Hervé Azo Chablis Premier Cru Vau de Vey Burgundy
Of course, I haven't exactly been on a wine buying hiatus lately. But, that's another post!