I'm making pork lo mein for dinner tomorrow and can't find a recipe for chinese egg noodles online, can i just make egg noodles in place of the chinese egg noodles? Or should i use a pasta recipe in place of the chinese egg noodles? Thanks.
here's the recipe i'm possibly going to use:
Delicious Homemade Egg Noodles
By kindcook on July 08, 2004
• Prep Time: 1 hrs
• Total Time: 1 hrs 12 mins
• Servings: 10
o 2 cups flour
o 3 egg yolks
o 1 eggs
o 2 teaspoons salt
o ¼-½ cup water
1. Measure flour into bowl; make a well in the center and add egg yolks, whole egg and salt.
2. With hands, thoroughly mix egg into flour.
3. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition.
4. (Add only enough water to form dough into a ball.).
5. Turn dough onto well-floured board; knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
6. Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
7. Divide dough into 4 equal parts.
8. Roll dough, 1 part at a time, into paper-thin rectangle, keeping remaining dough covered.
9. Roll rectangle around rolling pin; slip out rolling pin.
10. Cut dough cross-wise into 1/8-inch strips for narrow noodles and 1/4-inch for wide noodles.
11. Shake out strips and place on towel to dry, about 2 hours.
12. When dry, break dry strips into smaller pieces.
13. Cook in 3 quarts boiling salted water (1 tablespoon salt) (We use chicken broth.) 12 to 15 minutes or until tender.
14. Drain thoroughly.
© 2012 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved. http://www.food.com/95311
Updated 2 months ago | 0
Updated 2 months ago | 7
Updated 4 months ago | 2
Updated 2 months ago | 2
Updated 4 days ago | 13