I took my mother there for her birthday and had a terrible experience.
1) The escargot dish was served in a pile and was too hot to eat for 10 minutes.
2) My lamb shank was served ice cold. It seemed as if they didn't even bother to heat it up. (they comped the dish, of course)
3) My father ordered the bread pudding and they brought the creme brulee instead (it was very good despite the runny center)
4) The cookie plate wasn't good at all
5) The sommelier offered the following brilliant advice: "older wines are softer but I
I would drink the younger one first". wouldn't he be concerned with the stronger wine overpowering the softer one? wouldn't he think that lighter appetizers would go with a softer wine better?
All in all, a frustrating and confusing experience and I will not be returning.