My dad, sister, and I are planning a birthday party for my mom for late April for about 20 friends and family members. After combing through these boards and contacting about 20 restaurants, we have narrowed it down to Hearth and Il Buco based on price and availability. In the end the price will end up being about the same, so we just can't decide. We have never been to either restaurant, but we have heard a lot of great things about both of them, so I am looking for some input from people that have been to both restaurants (and even better if you've been there for a private party).
Here are the details -
- semi-private room (separate room but no door) for the whole night
- seats up to 28 (so not too huge for 20 people)
- 3-4 courses with 3 options each and family style sides
- we can choose one red and one white wine ahead of time so people don't have to dig through the whole wine menu
Il Buco -
- Chef's table room for the whole night (private room downstairs)
- 5 family style apps, choice of entree, family style desserts
- alcohol charged by consumption
Thanks in advance for any input!