Heading to Healdsburg in January and staying 3 nights. One of the afternoons we'd like to check out the tasting rooms in Healdsburg and I'm looking for any tips on the best producers who have tasting rooms.
I'm familiar with Edmeades late harvest Zin and Seghesio's Zin but don't have a lot of interest in going to either. I enjoy Pinot's such as Merry Edwards (already on itinerary for different day) and the SO prefers full bodied reds of almost any sort so honestly we're flexible - just looking for less commercial producers we can't find in Arizona who put out quality wines.
Also, in case anyone has any advice on my itinerary I'll list that as well:
- Arrive in Oakland @ 8am and pick up rental car
- Drive to Napa
- Lunch TBD - haven't researched too much yet, maybe Bistro Jeanty
- Visit Silver Oak, Smith Madrone, and most likely Pride
- Drive to Healdsburg, staying at Healdsburg Inn on the Plaza
- Dinner at Madrona Manor
- Hire DD service to drive rental car all day - go to 5 wineries or so around Healdsburg
- Bear Republic Brewery? Casual dinner since we'll be tired and tipsy
- Drive to 2-3 more wineries on our own
- Spend afternoon in the town of Healdsburg going to tasting rooms
- Dinner at Scopa
- If we're up for it drive back through Napa and go to 2-3 more wineries and then get 6 pm flight from Oakland. If not we'll drive to the city and spend the day there.
Updated 1 year ago | 0
Updated 3 months ago | 0
Updated 3 months ago | 2
Updated 5 months ago | 0
Updated 1 month ago | 0