Fellow NOLA board, chowhounders.
Thank you all for being wonderfully opinionated, thoughtful and knowledgeable eaters and drinkers. You already know how much I **love your city** and I consider myself a west coast ambassador to New Orleans. So fun to meet a few of you in 2013!
I wish you all a delicious and libational 2014. Following is my list of relevant resolutions:
1. Try new recipes at home, and even occasionally post/lurk on @ Chow’s Home Cooking board. [Got a lovely Kyocera ceramic chef’s knife last week. I’ve tried a couple of recipes from Cooking for Two (America’s Test Kitchen), but so far the recipes are a bit bland for me.]
2. Collect some classic cookbooks. Suggestions?
3. One a month “girlfriend” foodie dine out night in San Francisco or East Bay.
4. Three trips to New Orleans, partaking of at least four (4) new restaurants each trip. Here are a few "new to me" spots on my 2014 wish list, in no particular order:
g. Willie Mae’s Scotch House
h. Toup’s Meatery – still need to go!
i. Lucky Rooster
j. Cane & Table
k. Crabby Jack’s
l. Bar at R’evolution
m. What am I missing? Besides the many that will open up between now and May? Any news on Zimet's new place?
5. Parkway Po-Boy re-visit tradition. I honestly need to include the P-way stop for oyster/shrimo Po-boy, sweet potato fries and Abita beer on pretty much every visit.
6. Try Cochon Butcher’s muffaletta. Have not tried any muffaletta’s yet, shameful! Need to give CB another try.
7. Work through that delightful bottle of Cardenal Mendoza brandy my dear husband just got me for Christmas.
Happy New Year’s, chow friends. Can’t wait to see your posts and reviews.