As a new mom, I am starting the parent/kid party circuit this year. Our neighborhood does a children's party/parade every year, which I have never attended before due to lack of child! But we're going this year and I need to bring a dish, but all of my recipes are really adult-oriented foods or require lots of prep time. Here are the details:
1. Party is outside, so no electricity for crock pots, etc.
2. Expect 100 people (50% kids), but don't have to feed all...say enough for 10-20?
3. I have other commitments all week & weekend that prevent any advance prep. I need something that can be made that day with only about 2-hrs before the party available to cook.
4. Due to the number of children, I'd like something kid-friendly but still adult pleasing.
5. Can be a protein, side, or dessert, but others have already signed up for hummus, salsa, crudites, fruit salad, ham-biscuit-sandwiches, and other obvious choices.
I'm on the verge of picking up a tray of Chik-fil-a nuggets, so any ideas are welcome!!
Thanks in advance!