I went to New Green Bo a couple weekends ago as i decided to try it again (its been a couple years since i've been there), i always thought it was okay, but not even close to the hype (same thing this time). Generally, the food is fine and i guess good for shanghainese in the city (which is generally bad), but i dont understand the hype around the place.
- sheng jian bao (fried tiny buns) - fairly good although i prefer them more crispy on the bottom, i think moon house's across the street are light year's better
- zha jiang mian (noodles in brown meat sauce) - terrible, this was a really poor rendition, very bland
- spicy cold cabbage - this was good, i guess this is hard to mess up, but it was a nice complement to the meal
- sauteed string beans - these were sauteed and had some type of pickle, i asked the waiter and he told me it was some type of sichuan pickle, i think its similar to this kind i buy at dynasty that comes in this jar. not great, but did the job
- yellow fish with seaweed - these are kind of like fried fish sticks, actually they are fried fish stick; while they're kind of heavy, they were pretty good with some chili oil
overall, i gave i give it a 6 or 6.5 out of 10. Didn't really change my views on the place, not bad for chinatown, but just decent on an overall basis.
Updated 5 months ago | 5
Updated 1 year ago | 22
Updated 1 year ago | 3
Updated 1 year ago | 2
Updated 1 year ago | 8