I'm frequently asked for my recommendations for small, attractive, neighborhood spots in SF and I am finally compiling a list so I don't keep reinventing the wheel.
- excellent food, of course
- friendly vibe
- good service & value
- noise level not too loud to have a normal conversation
- tables not too cramped together
- return business from neighborhood residents
- can function as a mellow midweek last-minute dinner or a low-key "special occasion" dinner (ie jeans usually OK)
So far I've come up with (in no particular order):
- The Richmond
- Garibaldi (maybe, haven't been in a couple years)
- Florio (occasionally too loud)
I'm definitely forgetting some, and the Mission is my blind spot. Any others for the list in any part of the city?