let me just start by pleading with you to not tell me to go to woodside or jackson heights. go there all the time, but am desperately looking for places i can take away from on my way home from work or call and order in.
have lived in the area since last spring and am not having the best of luck. this is what i've found and what i'm looking for:
1) indian - superfine in queens boulevard and 40th? it's pretty good. better than biryiani house. are there any other indian options? i'm missing all the indian i enjoyed when i lived in astoria
2) thai - haven't found anything!!!! is there a hidden gem?
3) korean - natural tofu (tofu and noodles) is delicious. i eat there at least once a week. the bbq place on the corner of 33rd, i believe is just mediocre, as is the new place on 34th and qboulevard and the one over by 50th street and queens boulevard.
4) pizza and italian - ariels is great. on 46th. haven't been to dazies yet. is it worth it??? for quick food, we order fro guilia. it's okay.
5) mexican - chips was a little expensive for what it was (unauthentic fast food mexican). it was okay. good place to take an unadventurous eater. is there anywhere else???? taco fiesta is inconsistent. i never get the same thing twice and for me, that is not a good thing
6) japanese - love ariyoshi. doesn't leave me wanting for more
7)any other suggestions???? mainly looking for cheap eats. love my house in the gardens, but so board by my eating out options. i hate have to leave the hood to get something fun!
Updated 1 year ago | 7
Updated 1 year ago | 3
Updated 1 year ago | 8
Updated 1 year ago | 5
Updated 1 year ago | 11