I have stumbled across a few items from Trader Joe's that I can highly recommend:
- Frozen French Onion Soup
- TJ's Frozen traditional Tiramisu (not the frozen tiramisu torte): It's better than most of the tiramisu I find at restaurants. You have to thaw it out in the refrigerator for 2.5 hours.
- Trader Ming's Instant Peanut Satay noodles: The noodles are actually pretty good; the most "al dente" instant 2-minute noodles that I have experienced. Even though it says "satay," I don't think there is any meat in it; just peanut sauce. I don't recommend the Pad Thai or Kung Pao versions.
- TJ's Frozen chocolate lava cakes: I bake them for the full 17 minutes, to get a slightly crunchy exterior. Better than what I usually get at restaurants.
- Tarte D' Alsace: a version of a pizza with a very thin, crispy crust; ham + caramelized onions + gruyere cheese.
- Schloss Biebrich champage: It's around $3.99, and it has a plastic cork, but it has a very clean, dry taste.
- Loacker chocolate-hazelnut wafers. Even more addictive than nutella.
- The hemp granola cereal.
Most of the other frozen foods I've tried from TJ's are disapointing, with the frozen pizzas particularly bad.
Can anyone recommend other gems at Trader Joe's?