I have stumbled across a few items from Trader Joe's that I can highly recommend:
- Frozen French Onion Soup
- TJ's Frozen traditional Tiramisu (not the frozen tiramisu torte): It's better than most of the tiramisu I find at restaurants. You have to thaw it out in the refrigerator for 2.5 hours.
- Trader Ming's Instant Peanut Satay noodles: The noodles are actually pretty good; the most "al dente" instant 2-minute noodles that I have experienced. Even though it says "satay," I don't think there is any meat in it; just peanut sauce. I don't recommend the Pad Thai or Kung Pao versions.
- TJ's Frozen chocolate lava cakes: I bake them for the full 17 minutes, to get a slightly crunchy exterior. Better than what I usually get at restaurants.
- Tarte D' Alsace: a version of a pizza with a very thin, crispy crust; ham + caramelized onions + gruyere cheese.
- Schloss Biebrich champage: It's around $3.99, and it has a plastic cork, but it has a very clean, dry taste.
- Loacker chocolate-hazelnut wafers. Even more addictive than nutella.
- The hemp granola cereal.
Most of the other frozen foods I've tried from TJ's are disapointing, with the frozen pizzas particularly bad.
Can anyone recommend other gems at Trader Joe's?
Updated 1 year ago | 7
Updated 3 days ago | 44
Updated 1 year ago | 14
Updated 1 year ago | 11
Updated 2 years ago | 15