I have some Knox gelatin packets that are at least five years old. Finally I have a use for them, but I'm wondering if gelatin loses its gelling ability if you keep it too long. Any insight?
As a related aside...I'm planning to use the gelatin to make a Champagne fruit "terrine" (a high-falutin' Jello mould), and I'm wondering what kind of loaf dish/pan will be the easiest to 'unmould' my creation: flexible "rubbery" pop-out variety (I fear breaking the terrine in two upon unmoulding, though); pyrex; ceramic; or tin. Suggestions are most welcome !