Chowhound Presents: |

General Discussion

gathering morels?

Share:

More from General Discussion

General Discussion

gathering morels?

Chowpatty | | Apr 13, 2007 02:09 PM

As I understand it, morels are one of the only types of mushrooms safe for a relative novice mushroom gatherer to eat, as they don't resemble anything poisonous. Is this true?
I recently spotted a fairly decayed clump of morels in a neighbor's yard and now I'm plotting to return and find some fresh ones, hopefully. Is there anything I should know? Do you rinse them before using?

Feedback