I had about ten days in the Garden Route area, and hit a few restaurants, mostly in the Plettenberg Bay area. A few reviews:
1) Cornuti del Mare: Italian Restaurant in P'berg Bay. Bustling atmosphere, good pastas and pizzas. Some of the other stuff (an ostrich steak with a chocolate/chili sauce) was less outstanding, but the Italian and European food was very very good.
2) FK: a pizza place on Main St. in Plett. good speciality pizzas, pastas good but not quite as much.
3) Med Bistro: Mediterranean/Seafood place in Plett. Great Cape Malay seafood stew and various other dishes. Nice global touches and good solid good. A bit fancy.
4) Lookout. Beachfront restaurant in Plett. Had some nice fish and other staples there.
5) 34 degrees south. Restaurant in Knysna's waterfront. Expected a lot from this place, and it was not as good as I expected. They have a huge menu, however, so I may have ordered the wrong things.
6) Fushi, an Asian fusion restaurant on Plett's main street. Pricey, pretty good sushi and other Asian fusion type things. For a fancy restaurant, the waitstaff was very accommodating with our young son.
7) Pie place, downtown Plett. Sweet and savory pies. Very tasty.
8) French bakery on Main Street in Plett. Fantastic, fantastic croissants, breads, quiche, and tarts. This place is really amazing. Just some of the best french baked goods I've ever had.
9) Italian restaurant in George, on road heading to airport. Forgot the name, but it was very good. Known as being the best Italian restaurant in town. It really was good, but we felt a bit bad being in there with small kids.
10) Restaurant at Storms River Mouth Restcamp. Not the greatest restaurant, but not bad either, and one of the best locations in the world for a restaurant.
11) Spanish-named restaurant, think it began with a P, at the Heads in Knysna. Nice seafood, and a fantastic location.
12) Harkerville Farmer's Market. Great farmstyle breakfasts on Saturday mornings. Live Cape Jazz when we were there. A nice experience.
Lots of good seafood--stick to local fish and you will do well.
Updated 7 hours ago | 5
Updated 1 year ago | 32
Updated 2 years ago | 0
Updated 10 days ago | 0
Updated 2 months ago | 0