OK, let's face it - most of us in Chowhound would consider ourselves "foodies".
Otherwise, why would we care about a food site/blog, right?
And as a foodie, I basically know what is, and what is not, considered "normal" foods, authentic foods, specialty foods, organic foods, expensive foods, healthy foods, 5 star gourmet foods, etc. And so do you (again, why would you be here otherwise).
But, most of us (dare I say all of us) have a secret... we really like to eat something(s) that the rest of the world, or at least our foodie friends, would consider, well, kind of gross.
For me it's the following things that I secretly eat at home, alone, and then immediately cover the evidence when I'm done:
* Hot dogs
* Smokey links
* Cream Chipped Beef on toast (aka SOS)
* Burger King's regular chicken sandwich, loaded with mayo, cut in half of course (I generally HATE fast food, and even been known to shed tears when I have to eat it on the run)
* A piece of toast with a piece of american cheese on top
* Taco Bell's Nachos Bellgrande (see above re: fast food)
* I can actually eat a dozen deviled eggs in one sitting
I'm sure there is more, but that's all that comes to mind right now.
What about you? Are there any foods you eat that you would never, ever tell any of your friends that have an appreciation for food?