Going to NOLA in a little over a week. I searched for a few of these topics but wasn't finding what I was looking for.
We'll be staying in the French Quarter, looking to venture out some, but it's our first trip so not looking to go too far afield
I love seafood...and when I get it fresh I'm a pig. I don't like anything fancy...just simple preparations where the meat stands on it's own.
Wanted to get your opinions on the following:
1) Good places for plain ole, cheap shellfish - crawfish, shrimp, oysters, maybe some lobster or crab etc. Could be boiled, could be fried could be fresh...but I'm talking quick serve, simple, maybe even hole in the wall place.
3) For a non-seafood option - Crepes?
4) Nicer sit down place $20-$30 per plate before tax/tip/drinks...again classic seafood simple preparations with high quality ingredients
5) Cajun/Seafood buffets???
6) how is dining in the casino?
7) Place to buy fresh shellfish to take home...looking for good price/quality ratio