My wife and I are finally getting to celebrate our 10-year anniversary after several family situations delayed our travel plans for almost 6 months. We will be in town for 3 nights at the end of April, will skip the sightseeing, just want to enjoy good food and relaxation, and since our meals will be the focus of our travel budget, we are pretty wide open and aren't setting too many budgetary restraints. I know there are always wildly different opinions on top restaurants, but we would appreciate all the input we could get in narrowing down the following choices:
1. Friday night - will be going to the Met for the opera, thus debating between Picholine pre-theater and Lincoln.
2. Saturday lunch - something fun and relatively light, thinking about Eataly (not sure about the dining options there, but sounds like an interesting food destination).
3. Saturday dinner - EMP high on the list, thought about Per Se but not sure it would be worth the extra cash. We defintiely want a tasting menu with wine pairings, something special as this will be our "official" anniversary dinner.
4. Sunday luch - Momofuku Ko if reservations happen, if not, probably Italian. Marea vs Scarpetta vs Del Posto. Would entertain other thoughts.
5. Sunday dinner - If no Momofuku, would like something Asian. Wife is big original Iron Chef fan, thus was interested in Morimototo, but I haven't seen anything to suggest it would be worth the time. However, if anyone has had a good experience there I would love to know, as she is pretty high on this idea. Other Asian places to consider? We are both more into Japanese than other Asian cuisines, would like some decent sushi, but neither of us is a sushi connoisseur so doesn't have to be best or most exotic sushi. Would like good mix of sushi and warm dishes. Maybe 15 East?
6. Monday brunch - maybe, but could be too stuffed. Just in case, good brunch place in SOHO?
Thanks for any input, I really want to make this a special food adventure for the wife, she deserves it after the last 6 months we've had.
10 Columbus Circle, New York, NY 10019
15 East 15th Street, New York, NY 10003
85 10th Avenue, New York, NY 10011
35 West 64th St., New York, NY 10023
163 1st Ave, New York, NY 10003
355 West 14th Street, New York, NY 10014
240 Central Park South, New York, NY 10019
200 5th Ave, New York, NY 10010
Updated 2 years ago | 12
Updated 1 year ago | 19
Updated 30 days ago | 3
Updated 3 months ago | 2
Updated 5 months ago | 6