If you watch Food Network, you'll know about Food Feuds with Michael Simon.
If you watch the Travel Channel, you'll know about Food Wars.
But the idea is the same, two local favorites battle it out for "The Best" or supremacy in that particular food genre.
Like, Pat and Geno's for the Philly Cheesesteak. Or Juniors and Eileens for the NY-Style Cheesecake. Etc.
Are there similar food feuds or wars in Los Angeles?
Here's my very truncated and limited list and my educated guess at what the hoi polloi would consider the winner in parentheses:
- Pastrami Sandwich: Langer's v. Canter's (winner: Langer's?)
- Xiao Long Bao: Din Tai Fung v. Dean Sin World (winner: Din Tai Fung?)
- Best high-end burger: Father's Office v. Foundry (winner: FO?)
- Dim Sum: Elite v. Sea Harbour (winner: __?)
- Fish Tacos: Best Fish Tacos Ensenada v. Tacos Baja Ensenada (winner: __?)
- Korean BBQ: Park's v. Soot Bull Jeep (winner: Park's?)
- Omakase (traditional edomae): Zo v. Mori (winner: Mori?)
Other food feuds or wars?
Updated 1 year ago | 57
Updated 7 months ago | 28
Updated 1 year ago | 0
Updated 1 year ago | 13
Updated 1 year ago | 2