I was thinking about the best new** entries into the Boston chow market in 2006. Of course I return to my favorites, but this year I was happy to have for the first time:
- salty spicy chicken from Mulan
- pepperoni pizza from the Paddock
- Beef on Weck at ASSBar
- lavender ferns at Anise
- many new nibbles at Gargoyles' bar, most notably tuna poke
- my first try of Hei La Moon
- mutton chops at Tamarind Bay
- chicken liver crostini at Trattoria Toscana
- salade nicoise at Eastern Standard
- squid and borlotti beans at Rendezvous
- beef stew with bahn mi at Xinh Xinh
- cold noodles with asian pear at Wu Chon house
** Some of these aren't new, but they were new to me, and for that I have Chowhounds to thank.
What tickled your fancy this year?