3 years ago I drove through Connecticut on the way home from a New England road trip. I stopped at a great and noted pizza place whose name and town I simply cannot remember. I'll be driving through CT again tomorrow and would love to visit again. Can you help me identify it?
Here's what I remember (it's vague, so this'll be a challenge):
- It's *not* in New Haven.
- I believe it was a short driving distance west of New Haven (30 minutes)? I don't remember if I was going down I-95 or one of the parallel parkways.
- It's in the outskirts of its town, i.e. definitely not an urban area.
- The pizza was excellent. I know good pizza and this was good pizza.
- I believe it had only opened recently, but was staffed by some known folks from the New Haven pizza scene.
- It was tiny. More of a takeout place than a restaurant. There might have been one small table. I got my pie to go.
- There was a small (5 spaces?) parking lot in front of the shop, right off the road.
-I found it from some "great pizza in CT" ranking on some news site that I can't remember.
I've also attached a picture before I consumed it in my car.
So, does this ring any bells?
Updated 1 year ago | 26
Updated 1 year ago | 3
Updated 4 months ago | 29
Updated 2 years ago | 1
Updated 1 year ago | 2