What are your favorite Restaurants in Anchorage, Alaska and why?
1) Marx Brothers: Not the cafe in the Museum, but the little house on the bluff. Intimate and experimental. I still have wonderful memories of their seafood pate. But the best stand-by is the Caesar salad.
2) Crows Nest: Excellent bar and a staff that is willing to accommodate. The views of the Inlet are unmatched. The tasting menu is the way to go.
3) Sacks: Consistent with the fresh ingredients combined into original Pan-Pacific cuisine a la Alaska.
4) Bear Tooth: They know how to combine hot-spicy with hot-spicy with their Anchillo brownie with homemade cinnamon ice cream. Modern Mexican American cuisine served with delightful margaritas.
5) Villa-nova: It has a loyal clientele that revels in the fact that tourists don’t drop in because it is in a strip mall. But man-oh-man the service is professional and the food is too. I love all their pasta dishes.